<VV> Unsolicited endorsement

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:47:49 EDT

All.
  I believe in giving credit where credit is due.
People keep asking me why I lost interest in Fieros and am doing so much with
Corvairs.
  I really haven't lost interst in Fieros. They are fine, modern cars. When I
drive my much more modern and flashy Fiero, I am virtually invisible.
  I never take out the red 63 Spyder or Sharon's purple A/C Monza with
getting many thumbs  up or "hey, great car" from ALL ages of people. The young
people surprise me the most by their interest. My early roadster was very popular
at the Hershey vintage hill climb as was Mark's Stinger.
   But, the main reason for being into Corvairs rather than Fieros is the
difference in the clubs----the people----the activities
  No other club has the great variety of activities. The yearly conventions
with all of the displays and moving events easily eclipse what any other
affordable club does. .
   I think that we ought to applaud NECC for the extra moving events related
to Corvairs. Through NECC we have EXTRA  varieties of moving car activities at
famous venues. We have time trials at Lime Rock, Pocono regularly and new
track venues each year. This year we even have a drag race before the convention.
   We take these things and NECC for granted . We haven't always had this
much activity and doubtless won't always continue to have it. Nothing lasts
forever. I say support these activities while they still exist and to ensure to
continue their existence. They , NECC have tens of thousands invested in the
track rental and have to hold their breath and wait until the last days before the
event to see if if they are going to go broke before Corvair entries who are
only risking approx.. $150 to tardily enter the events. It's not just the
money either; much time and effort is involved in arrangng and managing the
events.
   Get those cars ready and enter while there are still events to enter and
you/me are still young enough to do it. . YOU DO NOT have to race. You can tour
the tracks at any speed that you wish and will have lots of slow company
doing so. Just enter the slower group. There are throphies for absolutely
stock/concours condition cars also. Any one can do the drag race---even FCs and Ultra
vans.
  Lets show our support, We're making our own history.
Warren