<VV> Man, do I feel stupid! was RE: Engine miss with rapid tach movement

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:58:09 -0700

I think I know what the problem is.  I decided to take another look at it
and will try it tomorrow after work.  I got to looking at the vacuum advance
unit and the attachment to the point plate.  Talk about an oblong hole!
much more and it would have worn completely thru the vacuum advance shaft.
This amount of wear would allow the point plate to move back and forth as
the rotor spins.  Can you say DUH!!!!  This has to be it!  Man, do I feel
stupid!!!!!!!  I'll let you know what happens.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89
1963 Spyder, 4spd, 3.55 Saginaw (engine in the works)