<VV> IRP Drags

Paul Fox paulvair@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

Group,
         Just got home from the Tuesday night street legal drags at IRP. It's a run what you brung, heads up, sportsman light ,street leagal drag event to get hot rodders off the street. So with a little coaxing I passed as a street legal Corvair in my white racecar. Not many rules, mufflers, street tires, seat belts ect.
       I guess I'm taking Warrens posting to heart. This is in preperation for the convention drags. I still haven't installed the new engine. So it's the 2 season old one still in there.
      I haven't been to the drags for 20 years so I need the practice. I did 3 laps and will do more before the convention.
     The first one was a 14.974 with a slow .699 reaction time at 99.20moh. Run 2 was better at 14.322 and a better .179 R.T. at 99.55mph. Then run 3 was an even better 14.136 with an R.T. of .050 at 98.87mph. I really think that a good drag racer could get this car as is, in the 13's. It really surprised me. Now I wonder how it will do with the new engine and slicks and no fan belt ect..
       It still won't compete with a fully prepped CP pony car but not bad for an old Corvair.
        It was a good time. Jeff Rapp also came along to lend a hand. I think he's stoked to go in his car next week. The only thing bad is the wait between runs.
      Has anyone else been practicing?

Paul Fox YS054. 66  500 racecar.