<VV> RE: Oil Pump

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:40:21 -0500

I like Smitty's way of doing this.  I recently set mine up using the plastic
gage, got the right clearance, so installed.  Later when I dropped the
distributer in I couldn't turn the motor!  Losened the pump cover bolts and
motor turned fine.  I ended up putting two gaskets together to get the motor
to turn.  I think I will check my clearance again using Smitty's method.  I
beleive my problem is a result of the casting not being square.

Keith Hammett