<VV> 65 Turbo Still Misfiring

michael cassera michael@defiancestudios.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 03:21:37 -0700 (PDT)

Yet Another update for my misfiring problems.  As per recomendations on VV
I pulled the carb apart to check out the diaphram.  It looked good, but I
replaced it anyway just to be sure.  There was no improvement in the car's
performance.  It misfires often when cold and above 2500 rpms when up to
temperature.

An interesting thing happened today when I checked my mail.  I had
received a package from Clark's.  I was a bit surprised since I wasn't
waiting for any outstanding orders.  Inside the package were 6 spark plug
wire boots and a note stating that the Mag wires I purchased and installed
just before this long trip were faulty.  The boots were produced
with the wrong rubber and can cause skipping and arcing.

Could this be the root of my problem???   We shall see.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to all for your continued support and suggestions.  I look forward
to the day when I can proclaim this problem fixed!

Michael
65 Corsa Turbo  (with faulty wire boots)