<VV> Keeping Corvair Engine Fires at bay

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:00:16 -0400

Hello all,

  I have just started shopping for a good quality fire extinguisher
to keep in my Corvair. I have an extinguisher in the car at the
moment which I bought many years ago but it is a powder based one and
I am afraid that if I ever have to use it the damage from the powder
would be worse than the damage from the fire. So I am now looking for
a Halon one. I have found two at
http://www.yearwood.com/Accessorieshtm/H3R344T.asp which seem to fit
the bill. The only thing I do not know is what size I should get. The
smaller of the two hold 1.25 lbs of Halon an the larger holds 2.5
lbs. What size should I buy? Is more better in this case? Thank you
for any help or suggestions.

Anil