<VV> RE: Trim Removal

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 14 May 2004 08:28:46 -0700

Very Carefully!  As you know, it is very difficult to remove it without
bending it.  Start at the corner opposite the hinges.  You need to use a
small screw driver and work the upper corner free and work across the top
toward the front of the car.  I tried to use the flat side of a bottle
opener with tape wrapped around it to prevent scratching but this only
succeeded in denting it.  I tried several on junkyard cars before being
successful with a small (precision style) screw driver.  The factory put
some puddy like adhesive under the trim down about where  it curves over the
vent window but most of this has lost it's hold by now so that wasn't an
issue in all the ones I removed.
Hope this helps.