<VV> Keeping Corvair Engine Fires at bay

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown@navy.mil
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:34:43 -0700

I would think the smaller extinguisher would be fine for most possible situations if one is quick.  If a person slow to notice they have a fire, they might need the bigger one.  For me, the $10 Walmart variety is just fine.  As you noted, you bought yours many years ago and now it's time to throw it away.  Chances are, you will eventually do the same with this one.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure here.  Keeping fires at bay really consists of regular checking of items containing fuel and susceptable to deterioration in the engine bay.

Toby (ducking the inevitible flames) Brown