<VV> Re: DUAL EXHAUST ON FC

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sat, 15 May 2004 08:54:13 -0400

On Corvair cars that come from the factory with dual exhausts (140s), BOTH
mufflers have heat shields. If the mufflers are in similar positions (close
to the heads) on an FC, I would say you should have heat shields.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of N2VZD@aol.com
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 10:20 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: DUAL EXHAUST ON FC

i just installed the newer "quieter" dual exhaust kit from clarks on the 65
van from hell. it is now off its group red status jackstands . i love the
qiueter mufflers , but i felt i had to design my own hangers to hang them
from the
engine instead of the body. it was a chore, but i think it will hold up
nicely. i made sheet body steel brackets to go from stock holes in block to
the
mufflers and used straps to hold mufflers to the bracket , kinda like stock.
they
dont budge. i did not take pictures yet..it is a tight place to see into.
the
mufflers are longer that the other dual systems so could not grab them by
the
outlets, had to strap the body.  someone needs to design and market such a
bracket.(for left and right sides). wonder if heat from mufflers is an issue
valve covers?                             regards tim colson