<VV> Plug Wires

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun, 16 May 2004 21:33:11 -0400

By "boot," are you referring to the rubber part that covers the end of the
spark plug, or the round part that plugs the hole in the shroud above the
spark plug?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C and new Clark's plug wires

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Ewell Mills
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 7:31 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Plug Wires

As many of you out there are aware, Clark's sold about 2000 sets of
defective
wires.  In talking with Cal in Helen, Ga. a couple of weeks ago, he said
they
had traced it down to defective boots, not the wires.  They were to ship out
new boots to everyone that had bought the defective wires, myself being one
of
them..  I have received mine and probably many of you have also.  In talking
with Michael Cassera (via E-Mail) he had trouble removing the boots and
installing the new ones.  The wires came apart at the crimp. Since I haven't
tackled redoing mine yet, would I be better off using side cutters to cut
off
the old boot and then use some type of Silicon to help get the new ones on?
have never tried this before.  To bad Clark's didn't just replace the wires
instead of just the boots.  Would seem to me to have been the right thing to
do.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.