<VV> Gotta getta head (was time sert or heli coil)

vzd1s4am@verizon.net vzd1s4am@verizon.net
Mon, 17 May 2004 2:04:48 +0000

I picked up a repair kit and must have done it wrong. Now I have a worse problem. Yes I stripped it out. The tapping looked like it went well. I then cleaned it up as well as I could and with lock tite I inserted the insert. Just as it started to hit bottom it let go.

So now that I have had a couple of fits and a whole lot of choice words I am now calm enough to post about todays disaster.

Now. Could someone point me to either a 80 hp head for sale cheap in Riverside Co. CA or a shop that could weld and tap for low dollars?

Like always I appreciate the help I get from everyone here.

Sherman Gossett