Fw: <VV> Don't buy gas

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 06:35:31 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: James Dallas
To: Stephen Upham
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: <VV> Don't buy gas

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Upham
  To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 10:47 PM
  Subject: <VV> Don't buy gas

  People complain about the price of gas while drinking their $1.00
  dollar quart
  bottle of water.
  Touchi

    If you was to figure in inflation gas was more expensive in
  the seventies.
  Yeah, if you were to.

  I'm not going to quit driving nor will I stop driving my SUV's or my
  corvair's.
  I don't think that Corvairs are the problem at 20+ mpg.
  My Spyder might get 16mpg, the Corv8 I'm building might get 10.

  If people want gas to come down, we need more refineries to help
  handle the supply problem
  Fewer -16 mpg's vehicles would be a better solution.
  This is what they said in the seventies.  We built more fuel efficient
vehicles and then proceded to drive them more and burn even more fuel.  Been
there done that.  People who want to regulate the MPG a vehicle get, also are
the same ones who want the older vehicles that don't me EPA standards banned
from the road.

  and being able to drill in our own country wouldn't
  hurt matters either.

  . . . and when we're tapped out? . . .
  you have to be able to use to tap it out

  Jim Dallas
  A Pair of 63 Verts
  CORSA
  MCCA