<VV> Solid Pulley Question

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 13:38:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/04 6:51:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Levair@aol.com
writes:
<< your crankshaft. But I only run a solid pulley on all
my engines.Even racing them and have never broken a
crank
Chuck >>
Same here ,
Warren

In all fairness, most racing is not a good example for use of harmonic
dampener. A street engine spends a lot more time moving through the 4000 RPM point,
(if enthuiastically driven) than a race motor. Most race motors are driven
hard - but not for many miles/hours. NASCAR is an exception, but few Corvairs are
running NASCAR these days. For a performance street motor, I still recommend
a good harmonic dampener. After all, aren't you building the last street motor
you will ever need? (Or, at least you think you are?)  Now, for a low
performance stocker, a pulley is probably okay.- Seth Emerson