<VV> Re: Solid Pulley

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 01:56:31 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/2004 3:49:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vairologist@juno.com writes:
Smitty says:  Seth you gotta realize these two don't build durable
engines like you and I.  They don't break cranks cause their engines
never make 40 thou miles before they leave little pieces all over the
place.  ggg

Smitty - you can stand up for that one, not me. <grin> People build motors
for different lifestyles. I have driven cars/engines built by both of them
(Warren and Chuck) - Their motors never broke while I was running them. I am, of
course, notoriously easy on equipment. But both were race cars, and I raced
them. They might also build motors a little differently if long life was the
over-riding factor, not racing. The last Corvair motor I assembled was in the BFG
Stinger - the Common car from San Jose/Williamsburg. It was a race motor, but
did have a balancer on it, as I recall. It finally broke a crankshaft while the
new owner was driving it home from my house in San Jose, CA. He was somewhere
in New York on his way to Maine when it broke. At more than 3000 miles, I
figure it would have given me about 25 more years of Autocrossing before I broke
it! - Seth