<VV> Rally Wheel Question

Chris King sea_king65@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:43:52 -0400

Hi there,

Not sure anyone has replied to this.  I couldn't find any responses in the
digest.  I am running that size on the rear of my car.  On the front, I have
14X6 and 195/70R14's, and I think they are marginally too big.  I have some
rubbing when reversing and turning left.

I just picked up a second set of what were supposed to be 14X6 rally wheels,
but I suspect they are 14X7's as all 4 are wearing 215/70R14 tires.  I have
yet to try them, but they look enormous to me.

Backspacing is a big deal.  I know very little about it, but this site has a
lot:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9164/tires.html

This is how those rims look on my car:
http://home.ican.net/~24858/vairquest/images/oldsters1.jpg

while this car has the rims I picked up Sunday....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6167&item=2478350553&rd=1

That site I mentioned links to a good tire size site.  From that, I am going
to try swapping my fronts for 195/60R14's and see if the rubbing goes away.

Chris King
Corsa Ontario
paintless 65 Monza 110 with big honkin' tires

Message: 2