<VV> Re: Engine falling out

Michael Nott wnott@cfl.rr.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 21:11:23 -0400

I'm sorry to say that I have witnessed the dreaded dropping engine as well.
My sister was pulling out of my parent's townhouse complex onto the busiest
street in the area at the time (and across traffic to boot) in the '64
Spyder convertible that my father had recently given her.  The rear mount
nut had unwound and she left a trail across four lanes until she could get
it out of traffic.  Luckily I was at the house and heard the commotion.  The
nut was still in the driveway so we used the scissors jack to raise the
engine, install the nut and send her on her way. We were a bit of a Corvair
family at the time.  Dad: '65 Corsa convertible.  Mom: '66 Monza coupe.
Brother: '65 Monza convertible. Sister: the aforementioned '64 Spyder (that
my father later bought from her and sold to me). Me: '65 Turbo convertible,
'68 Monza coupe. Sister-in-law: '69 Monza coupe (that I now have).

Mike Nott
Orlando