<VV> Was: Deadly Vairs Deadly cars...

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 08:00:07 -0400

Deadly comes in all forms... Years ago...  My '65 Impalla SS 396 broke
an engine mount.  I was in the process of making a left-hand turn at a
busy intersection.  That puppy's gas pedal WENT TO THE FLOOR BY ITSELF!
Had a metal-bar throttle actuator.  I made a 180 degree turn before I
got it stopped.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Keith Hammett
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 2:35 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Deadly Vairs

As a former Motor Vehicle Inspector I can say that it really doesn't
matter what the interval is.  Those that want to drive with bad brakes,
tires, groaning suspension, or leaky exhaust will find the "friend" that
will just write the inspection up.  I used to get it all the time, "come
on and pass it I will fix it later....".  I always inspect mine before
taking it to the inspection station, you can do the same just stop by
your local DMV/HP and ask for the inspection handbook.

As for deadly vairs goes, yes the engine can drop out of the car with a
broken motor mount, or loose bolt (EM as LM's have a catch system).
<<SNIP>>