<VV> engine shroud paint--how glossy was original?

John McMahon jmac2112@adelphia.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 08:12:36 -0400

Just wondering--several people have suggested semi-gloss or low-gloss black
paint for the engine sheetmetal and engine compartment.  It has been my
experience that when it comes to spray paint, low gloss, semi gloss, semi
flat, and satin are all EXACTLY the same texture, i.e. "satin".  The
existing paint in my engine compartment, on the other hand, seems to be much
glossier than that, without being "glossy black."   I see that Clarks sells
some paint that's supposed to closely match the original, and I was
wondering if anyone has tried it, and what your impressions were.

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe