<VV> GM lifters question

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 10:46:03 -0700

Oh Bob - you know how to get me worked up - The question is? Why do you
keep repeating the same innaccurate information!? :-)
Questions (Again)
1)When was it independently "evaluated"?
2)When was it proven that this lifter is a unique product to The S. ?
3)Why keep repeating the nixish nonesense about "deep dimples" (The S's
marketing name - not something factual). The truth is, even the new
Johnson controls (under new ownership) lifters have gone back to a deep
seat.
4)But for that matter - when was it ever proven that the "shallow
dimple" lifters, manufactured for a short time by the old Johnson
Controls, ever caused a problem in a Corvair or anything else? In
politics it's called setting up straw men and knocking them down :-P

The lifters sold by The S are available to anyone with a wholesale
connection with that manufacturer. They are NOT a special order or a
special run - if they had been,  a GIANT committment (far beyond what
all of the vendors combined could muster) they couldn't be sold at a
competetive price...... ;-)

We sell Eaton lifters because they have a deep seat and because they
have the widest operating range of ANY of the available lifters - but
that's not saying much. The truth is, they're all SBC lifters.  I know
of no Corvair vendor that sells lifters that will not work well in
Corvairs. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com