<VV> Don't buy gas NO CORVAIR

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 16:27:19 -0700

At 0002 05/17/2004 -0400, UltraMonzaWest@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/16/2004 8:50:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ronh@owt.com
>writes:
>Nothing?  Not so.  It's that the gap between supply and consumption has been
>dwindling for years and now has reached the critical point where there is no
>gap.  The cheap ride is over, forever, and industry people are predicting $3
>gas in the near future.  I predict that those 39 foot motorhomes will be
>pretty cheap on the used market in the near future!
>RonH
>
>AH!  that's why oil rigs off SoCal are pumping only 10%  of what they were
in
>the 70's...as well as around the world........
>
>Doesn't anyone remember OPEC  pumping 70 mil barrels.....now they're pumping
>38!  by mutual agreement......
>
>reminds me of "sheep being led to slaughter"............................

Yep.   And it's *them* vs the rest of the planet, so up goes the price and
down
goes the supply to tighten that choke collar a bit, just to remind us all that
it's *they* who have the black gold....

Seems I have recently interpreted someone else's comment as to how this was
being recognized as an exclusively tunnelvision'ed US problem...  it's
*everyones* problem because the more middle east oil becomes a necessity, the
more it's gonna cost us all.

Now:  Consider who OPEC is/are...  in alphabetical order:

Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia,
the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.

Saudi Arabia rules OPEC seeing as how their reserves are the largest.

How many of these nations are all that chummy with the US or any of her
allies?   I really would like to know how much China is paying per
barrel...

By the way... OPEC may control a lot of crude but not all of it.   Together,
they sit on appx 40% of the world's crude oil.   That's *known reserves* which
are accessible.  There are other sources which remain untapped/banned... like
ANWR and other Canadian resources which COULD eliminate the need for the
USA to
import ANY OPEC crude at all.   ...they remain untapped.

Odd...  the people ranting the loudest about ANWR and other Canadian resources
for oil being envi4ronmental disasters waiting to happen (which is nonsense)
are the ones who will never feel the bite of high energy prices in the first
place.    And we (along with the rest of the civilized industrialized world)
continue to wear the OPEC choke chain, which means that as long as we allow it
via inaction on our own options for other resources, OPEC is gonna charge
whatever they feel is in their best interests.   No matter that it hurts the
industrialized nations everywhere...

Like I said in another post...   people in high places are gonna see to that,
and the enviro-extremists are gonna be happy to see it come to pass.
And like I said, some of those people won't be happy until we're all on
bicycles.    And then they'll find something evil about bicycles.   And those
on the opposite side of the planet who are tightening that choke collar (on
every-friggingbody, not just US) are the ones who stand to gain the most from
it all.

We need to open up those other "banned" petroleum resources...  either that or
just kiss the whole US industrial complex supremacy good-by and become a 2nd
class power, struggling along on rationed fuels to transport goods and get to
work and travel to places we need to go...  while the eco-nazis all sit around
claiming that we brought it upon ourselves for daring to use fossil fuels in
the first place.

>just one mans opinion.....with a memory....gggg   no flame!

I have a memory too...   but what do I know?   I'm just a dumb-ass who
drives a
Corvair.

tony..