<VV> engine shroud paint

John McMahon jmac2112@adelphia.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:13:23 -0400

Thanks to those who have replied regarding the degree of flatness of the
shroud paint.  It seems that the shrouds were painted with a paint that was
not very glossy, such as Duplicolor 1634 low-gloss.  The paint on my shrouds
was so far gone that I couldn't get a good idea as to what they originally
looked like.  I shined up the paint at the back of the engine compartment,
which is where I got the idea that everything, including the shrouds and air
cleaner housing, was a lot closer to gloss than to semi-gloss.  From what
I'm hearing now, though, it sounds like those parts (the engine compartment
sheet metal running around the shrouds) was much glossier than the shrouds
themselves.  Is this correct?

Thanks again,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe