<VV> deflashing head

John McMahon jmac2112@adelphia.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 07:47:49 -0400

I'm deflashing the heads on my 110 right now, and I've noticed something
interesting.  I've also got a pair of 140 heads, and while my 1/8" drill bit
fits very nicely between the fins on the 140, it does not fit very well in
the 110.  I can use it, but it makes a little track in the fins on the way
down.  Perhaps a 7/64" bit would be better for a 110, or whatever the next
size down is.

In any case, I use the drill bit to break through the flashing where
necessary, and then I use a keyhole saw (recommended by someone on the list)
to do the rest.  It's working great so far!

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe

"Just a quick question I can find the answer to in my books.

For deflashing a head, what is the type and size of the sawblade to use, and
what is the size if the drill bit that you can use?

Todd
Dallas"