<VV> re: Deflashing Question

SWEANEY msweaney@cox.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 11:50:10 -0500

Hi Todd
Deflashing the heads is not all that complicated.  One of the most valuable
tools we have found is a sheet rock saw.  You can also use a round hack saw
blade.  Also you can use a regular hack saw blade.  As for the drill bit?
You must get a drill bit long enough to reach down into the head and it has
to be small enough in diameter to go between the cooling fins.  I would just
get out your set of drills and try different one until you find one that
fits and then go to the store and buy a long version of that size.
The only caution I would give is to be careful not to punch or cut a hole in
one of the intake or exhaust galleries.  You would have to really be
careless to do this but I figured I would mention it.  Good luck, Mike

>Just a quick question I can find the answer to in my books.

>For deflashing a head, what is the type and size of the sawblade to use,
and
>what is the size if the drill bit that you can use?

Todd
Dallas