<VV> Re: Quick Steering? <humor>

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 14:03:20 -0400

It sounds like it's just too UNSAFE to use, even at the slow speed of
Smitty's Briggs & Stratton.

I would probably be violating some terrorist law if I shipped something so
dangerous, either airborne, or especially overseas.

We need the cardiac exercise of turning the full 6 turns (got NO idea what
the # is), lock to lock, when autocrossing.  Who cares about carpal tunnel,
when you can practice with this car, and get some seriously quick hand
speed?  That also gives you better accuracy whilst straightening out the
curves during autocrosses.

I guess we'll just take it off, and throw it away.  Recycling is big bucks
these days.  Bet I could get $2.00 for it at the junk yard.  (VBG)

Barry "It's mine, and YOU can't have it" Ellison

> > Smitty Says:  What you have there is a steering box from a riding
> > lawnmower... Please ship airmail.  I hope the postage isn't much...
>
> No, this is the rare ENGLISH SPEC steering, because our
> roads, unlike American ones, have twists in them. You
> wouldn't need it there, and what's more it would be very
> dangerous to drive a car with such high-geared steering on an
> American road, in case you sneezed and had a crash, so I will
> take it off your hands for you - and unlike Smitty I will
> very generously offer to pay the ruinously expensive shipping
> to England (FedEx please - we don't want anything untoward
> happening to it!).
>
> There - can't say fairer than that, can you...?
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.