<VV> Heating Grease with a Microwave

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 17:23:39 EDT

Never tried it, but microwave ovens will heat things other than water
containing materials. Put a melamine plate in there and watch it char!

I would guess than any of the lithium soap based greases will warm up just
fine, since the soap is a fairly polar molecule, and will oscillate in a
microwave field.
If you want to protect the microwave, stick a cup of water in there with the
grease. That way, if the grease doesn't absorb any energy, the cup of water
will.

In a message dated 5/20/2004 10:26:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,