Supply, was: 4doors, was: <VV> 1961 Corvair

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 03:23:35 GMT

Coupes are abundant simply
because they made so many of them, and everyone saves convertibles (why
I don't know - they're the most useless of all the body styles - IMHO).
But for some perverted reason, people have a low opinion of 4doors.

Popularity has nothing to do with functionality...just look at the changing styles in ladies' footwear.  Popularity has to do with *style* -- a convertible (IMHO) opens the driver to the driving experience like no coupe (or 4-door) can do...and it is better than a motorcycle because your butt doesn't hurt after two hours of riding.  4-doors are classy...I personally think *anything* Corvair is classy...but they seem to be quietly saying, "This is your mother's car!"  No flame...I would love to have a 4-door vair...as long as I first have my vert.  :)

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
CORSA
65 Corsa Vert 140

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!