<VV> Front X member question

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sun, 23 May 2004 10:06:40 -0400

All

When we put the front x member from my 65 donor car into the EUM, we noticed
an anomaly that neither Eric or myself had seen before.

Where the radius rods bolt to the xmember, there is to the inside of that area
on the x member a bit of a lip, part of the original stamping of the x member.

On this x member, part of that lip, on both sides, has had a semi circular cut
made in it, removing some of the metal.

Any one know why this would be done??? This car was never autocrossed.
Strictly a street driver.....
Of course I know the history of the car, and Walter Carter did drive it at one
point......it was long ago, but he might have auto x'ed it.....

TIA

HANK