<VV> Removing lower Shrouds

Mark J. Murphy Mark J. Murphy" <m.j.murphy@comcast.net
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:37:19 -0400

I have run without lowers on my turboed 140/PG for a while now.  Cannot give
any hard before/after numbers as far as temperatures because I just got
around to installing a CHT gauge (Westach with "under the plug" sensor,
allegedly fairly accurate) but the gauge tells me that normal driving around
temps are in the 275-300 degree range, and beating it like the proverbial
red-headed stepchild (no offense intended to any red-headed stepchildren out
there) brings it up to 350-375.  This is with a 12 plate oil cooler, Otto
finned pan, one finned valve cover (need to modify the other for the turbo
oil return when I can find it again), and a water injection setup that I'm
still trying to tune in.  Biggest "down side" I've found is the lack of heat
to the windshield defogger when I get caught in the rain.
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/