<VV> Stupid Me, forgot to set timing

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:20:48 -0400

Hello All,

  Well yesterday I got the Ignitor II and Flamethrower II onto my car
both fed with full 12 volts as the instructions suggested. The car
started up easily and in my excitment I forgot to do a timing check
etc. I took the car for a spin, and it died and would not restart. It
cranks well and I have a nice spark at the coil wire so I am thinking
that the timing is off. Does this sound plausible? Is there any trick
to setting the timing on a non running engine where the distributor
has NOT been removed? Thank you all for your help!

Anil