<VV> Re: 64 VAN FROM HELL(windy)

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:17:08 EDT

well i shed myself of the 65 van from hell, it seems to be running great now.
we went to motore vehicles friday and got plates for his and mine...his were
...6165 and mine were ...6164.  well my van never made it out of my shop. the
engine was running ok but slight skip and one cylinder seemed to bleed a
little into crankcase while running.(you could hear it in oil filler tube). well i
drove it around my yard a few times checking brakes etc and then back into
shop to check out the running. this is a 67 110 engine i sold back in 75 and just
bought back last year. it has sat a looong time. i put new crank seals,
pushrod trube seals, and a new blower bearing on it. it looked spotless inside(also
put a clarks pan on it. well after it stopped dead at about 2000 rpm i took
it back out and apart.(it had very good oil pressure even hot ). no signs of
discolored rods etc. i loosened up crankcase halves(took all bolts out and pan
off, along with top and rear housing) cant get bell off untill i get it
turning. i took rods apart that i could get at. kept trying and it was still tight. i
blastered the pistons and still not turn with real force. now it kinda turns
so will never know what happened. the bearings look good so far (2 more to
take off) then tourqe converter and bellhousing etc. PS: the oil looked a hundred
years old and it was new havoline.    will go further tomorrow, i am tired!!.
thats todays saga. regards , tim colson