<VV> Re: forgot to set timing

Louis DeRobertis louis@suffolknet.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:10:02 -0400

I also installed the Pertronix II and Ignitor coil today on my Corsa
180.  First Pertronix for me and after following the directions I
started the car and had it stall out after about 2 minutes.  I couldn't
get it restarted to adjusted the timing.  I played a little bit with
the distributor and it started up and I was eventually able to time it.
  Speaking of which...  With the points, timing is 24 degrees - is it
the same with the Ignitor II?  I thought I had it set to 24, but when I
took it out - I heard some pinging so I had to retard the timing a
little (after the timing light was put away), so I'm not sure where I
eventually wound up.

Lou