<VV> Ah ___K

Martin Scarr martins@efn.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 06:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

Chris-

You can try cutting a screwdriver slot with a Dremel tool, along with the
heat, penetrating oil and prayer.  Don't be afraid to bang on it a bit
with a hammer to help persuade it to back out.  If that doesn't work, get
a left hand drill bit.  The bolt is a 3/8" one, correct?  Get a 1/4" left
hand drill bit and carefully start drilling in the center.  As you drill
the bolt you will relieve tension holding it in the head, and it will
"catch"  with the drill bit and back itself out.  At times I have had to
step up to the next size bit if the first one doesn't work, but they
almost always will back out as you drill them.

Don't use an Easy Out, they're really an "Easy Breakoff Tool" that will
just cause you a headache.

regards
Marty Scarr