<VV> Ignitor II followup

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 10:15:14 -0400

  Thank you to everyone who has responded with suggestions and tips.
I had a few minutes last night so I checked the following things:

1) The balancer had NOT slipped, the alignment marks are still lined
up. I checked thie 3 times last night.

2) The vacuum advance is disconnected and plugged

3) The stud in the points plate is properly in the arm of the vacuum
advance.

4) I have 12.25 V at the coil + with the engine not running

5) I have 9.65 V at the coil + with the coil - shorted to ground

6) I have 14.5 V at the coil + with the engine running

7) The timing is currently about 2X the scale on the rear housing in
drive at 600 RPM. The timing mark is just about in the area where the
belt contacts the balancer. When the engine is revved the timing mark
moves down more.

8) I have The timing light clamped to the #1 spark plug wire. When I
am standing at the rear bumper looking at the engine it is the plug
closest to me on my right side.

   Should I move the plug wires in the cap to advance the timing so
that I have more adjustment in the distributor and just drive it or
will I do some harm? Thank you for any help.

Anil