<VV> Front Suspension LM

scott morehead smorehead@lycos.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 11:02:06 -0400

Hi Folks,

I'm rebuilding the front suspension on the great LM convertible.  The two rear cage nut bolts broke off in the removal process.

Has anyone experienced this and fixed it.  I plan on popping open the cage area and removing the tack welded nut, replace with a vendors nut and bolt.  Anyone see any problems with opening up the caged area on top of the uni frame area as long as I reweld nut back in place and the cage frame.

Daughter wants the car, so I have to get this finished, she's giving up her 86 volvo hunk for a 66 vair.  How sweet it is, amazingly, she's a sophomore (college) and thinks the vairs are cool.  First time she has shown a genuine interest, so there's always hope to get the younger crowd involved.

Even if you have to give them the car you've always wanted and never had.  Looks like I'll have to settle for one of those EM 64 convertibles next year, another project.

A little electric fuel pump note, she caught the rampy on fire about a month ago on the interstate.  I'll get her back on the road after the convertible front end is complete.

Does anyone have any FC bushings body frame to rear suspension frame bushing. They are a little toasty from the fire.  I hear the vendors don't carry these.

Thanks
---
Scott Morehead