<VV> Re: [FC] clutch head screws

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:00:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/04 12:15:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tsl@corvair.de writes:

> As I recall, it would take three grown men and a boy to turn some of
> >the clutch head screws.
>
> I second that. Recently could loosen maybe half of them on
> my 63 Corvan diff panel with some extra overseas imported
> clutch head screw driver, but the rest ... maybe time for me
> to buy a small welding thingie and have first time welding
> practice with the nut on bolt trick ...
>
> Thomas

For working on my motorcycle, I have (and need) an impact type of philips
screwdriver, that is designed to be hit with a hammer to tighten or looosen the
screws. Maybe such a device would be useful for removing those clutch headed
bolts.
Just a thought.
Regards,
Bob Helt