<VV> 140 pg vs. 140 std crank

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 28 May 2004 14:11:53 -0400

 I know the 140 STD and the 140 PG crankshafts have a different (4
degree) gear relationship. I cannot find the technical data that tells
if the 4 degree difference is a retard or advance.

 If I remember, the same size woodruff key is used to locate the gear on
both the cam shaft and the crankshaft. If this is so, is it possible to
take a 140 standard crank or camshaft, remove the gear and existing key
and replace it with a 4 degree offset woodruff key to get the same
relationship as used on a 140 PG engine? If so, is it more advisable to
change the cam key or the crankshaft key?

 For reference: Clark sells a 4 degree offset woodruff key, C 1223-4. I
realize the key could be used to either advance or retard depending on
which way you install it.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS