<VV> New! Improved! Tire Question

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 14:29:36 -0400

Bob,

   I have 205/60/15's on all four corners of my 66. Stock springs and
custom offset wheels. No problems with rubbing anything and the look
and handle great. For more details check out
http://www.anil.com/wheels

--__--__--

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:09:05 -0400
From: Robert Marlow <nortechcorp@optonline.net>
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> New! Improved! Tire Question

Okay, a new wrinkle in the tire stuff.

I have heard from this list and elsewhere that 205/60-15 is either

(a) the largest 15-inch tire that you can fit on the front of a late
model, or

(b) the smallest 15-inch tire that does NOT fit on the front of a late
model.

The issue in either case being a fender rub.

What are listmember experiences with this specific tire size on the
front
-- front only -- of a late model? With what width wheels? Backspacing?
Stock or cut springs?

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net