<VV> Walking the line between the light side and the dark side

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 29 May 2004 22:30:38 EDT

Well - I now can take either side of the early/late debate. I bought a 1964
Monza Convertible today. Along with my 65 Monza coupe, it averages things out.
 My brother and I drove out and picked up the car this afternoon. (An aside,
on the way there, my 1996 Camaro rolled the odometer over to 100,000 miles -
eight years to the day from the day he drove me to the dealership to pick IT
up!)  He followed me home in the Camaro, just in case. The car is a  95HP PG.
Light Blue/Blue interior, white top. I bought it from the second  owner, he
had owned it since 1973. It was just registered until 2005.  It has all the
nice "latest early" items. but needs a bunch of things to make it  totally
presentable. He just installed a new set of regular black  ignition wires from a
local parts store. (ARRGH!) The drivers seat  back shows a few splits, so that
will be replaced.  It has the original  rugs in it - and they are kind of
worn/faded. But the replacement top and  window are in good shape and the car has
absolutely N rust. It has lived  in a Northern California garage for the last 21
years and in San Bernardino  before that. It has a couple of minor dents
(blamed on his wife) and the 15  year-old repaint is dulling, but the car drove
fine and showed no sign of  overheating. The car runs great, but I need to
clean-up the engine compartment,  etc. And it runs on regular gas!  It is no
racecar, but with the  PG, it steps right out! I will re-install the oil-bath air
cleaner. He  was happy to see it go to a good "Corvair" home. And he video taped
me picking  it up and driving away. Now I will have a good runner to drive to
our club  meetings and events, maybe a parade or two! - Seth  Emerson