<VV> Re:Concours

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 14:49:38 -0400

You may not know this but in 1989 when Tony Kruzich restored Maderia,
he did exactly what you have pointed out. Everything in that car matched
production run inventory and even the day or week that parts would have
been available. Now these facts alone may not have meant much EXCEPT
this 1965 Monza had her total front end involved in a wreck which was so severe
that the left front wheel was pushed all the way back to the dash. Tony was
very
disappointed when he was not allowed to be in Factory Stock as Maderia was much
more Factory Stock than some other Corvairs that were classified as such. Tony
did an amazing restoration with uncomprimising attention to detail. I hope
that
Maderia's new owners, Andre and Barbara Bergeron of Lakeland, Florida keep her
as original as possible. She was Senior in Factory Stock Restored.

Chuck Armer