<VV> More About Early Throwout Bearings

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 21:14:26 +0000

Everyone:

I am still a little confused as to whether or not I bought the correct t/o
bearing for my conversion of a 1963 Greenbrier to a 4 speed.

According to the Clarks catalog, the height listed in the shop manual is 1
7/8 inch.  The replacement is listed at 1 5/16 inch.  That is a difference
of 9/16 inch.  That seems like alot to me.

The one I bought is 1 5/16 inch tall.

Is any vendor out there selling a t/o bearing that is 1 7/8 inch tall?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
http://www.ralphdontrun.net

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx