<VV> engine lid support

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:38:20 EST

In a message dated 10/31/04 4:35:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sheridanma@adelphia.net writes:

I hope  the "engine lid" is what you call the "hood" over the engine. My
question  is about the support that holds it in the open position on a
'66. Is that  thing made out of stainless? It seems to me that it might
be stainless.  Does that mean that I can polish it :o) ?

Now that my car is in the  body shop, I've got lots of cleaning and
polishing to do with the parts I  took off of the car.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza  'vert

Marc,

Unless you have a custom or otherwise special lid support...

I doubt that it's stainless. But then I've been wrong so many times  before.

I have seen them chromed, painted and powder coated. but never  stainless.

Use your imagination. Do something different.

Tim  Abney

Proud Member of
United  Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow

Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member  Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN -  1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C.  President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting  restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]