<VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:37:08 -0500

My so, Geoff, recently had a fan belt failure on his car, shortly after I
added Air Conditioning to it.  Of course, he now had the extra effort of
removing the compressor belt in order to install the replacement fan belt.
Afterwards, it occurred to me that there should be a way of installing and
storing the extra belt inside of the compressor belt, so in case of future
breakdowns it would not be necessary to remove the compressor belt.  It is
possible, and I have done so on his car.  the following site shows photos of
the storage of the belt -- this is for a 140 with Sanden Compressor, using
Rusty's mount -- storage will vary depending on your setup.

Bill Hubbell