<VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

Rob Landers CorsaRob@charter.net
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:33:16 -0600

I noticed the same thing... that belt goes over top of the compressor and I
just can't see how you're going to install it without having to take off the
A/C belt.  Like Joe, I have a stock config so maybe it's different.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of N. Joseph Potts
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 8:03 PM
To: Bill Hubbell; AirVair@yahoogroups.com; Virtual Vairs
Subject: RE: <VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

HOW do you get this stored belt down and around the pulley at the crankshaft
without first unshipping the A/C belt?
     Have you ever "deployed" a belt so stored? You wouldn't have to cut the
existing fan belt - you could just move it "inboard" of the fan and crank
pulleys.
     I just don't see how this would work. Maybe your crank pulleys are set
up differently from mine? Mine are stock.

Bill's pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/209202132TbbOCX