<VV> Correct answer to driving on wet road

Vairdad@aol.com Vairdad@aol.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:49:46 EST

No you do not need extra weight in front when driving on wet roads. Just
correct air pressure and good radial tires. But as many replys on VV wet roads
jumped to snow and ice, so here is correct answer to driving on snow and  ice
#1: Be very, very, careful
#2 Do use weight in front,  Strange but I do use concrete. I buy an  80lb bag
at building supply put in only when driving on snow or ice.
#3 if automatic put in neutral when making right or left hand turn and also
when stopping.
#4 be alert at all times most people whether north or south do not know how
to drive on snow or ice, and most have a false sense of security in their  SUV.
I have been driving in snow and ice for 45 years so do not disagree with
this if you have not tried it and if you have tried it you will not  disagree.
Corvair Driver
Garland