<VV> Quick steering?

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:49:39 -0500

I've got a LM, but here's my opinion on QS arms...

Great for autocrossing, road racing/timetrials probably, too.

For the street, they're weird.  First, very hard to turn is going real slow,
so if your wife drives your car, she'd probably complain about some parking
spots.  I had a smaller wooden steering wheel on my car, and although it
felt better in my hands, I feel much safer back with the stock wheel.  Makes
it MUCH easier to drive.

2nd, when backing up, my tires make scraping sounds on the pavement, due to
"bad ackerman", and I don't like it.  I'll let someone else give you a more
technical explanation, but when you turn, the stock setup let's the wheel
move in concentric circles.  The QS arms, change this ratio, so the circles
change to overlapping.

I built my car to be mainly a street car, with some autox, some road race,
for fun.  If I had the money, and didn't have QS arms already, I'd do the QS
box recently out, with Corvair Motorsports.  (No monetary relations of any
kind)

Barry Ellison
Corsa SC VP 2004
Corsa SC P 2005  :D
Can't go to St Augustine this year, due to overwhelmed at work, but not too
much to take a break and help out a Corvair guy.

I HIGHLY enjoyed driving my red 65 Monza Vert 140/4 around town today,
election day, reminding people possibly that Nader was WRONG!

www.songsbysteve.com <http://www.songsbysteve.com/>