<VV> Corvairs on car lots

Lauren C Mizel slmizel@juno.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:11:56 -0600

Seems like I am seeing quite a few more Vairs on car lots in the St.
Louis area...and haven't found one reasonably priced yet.  Today stopped
to look at a very nice looking '62 500.  Very little rust (but some minor
bubbling), clean undercarriage, nice paint (looked repainted), and decent
interior...I love the look of the EM, almost as good as the LM, but the
guy comes out and starts babbling.  Starts with small talk, then tries to
impress me with his knowledge (said the engine was prone to leak because
they were installed upside down!).  So how much?  The sticker on the
window shows a highlighted old car price guide showing pricing for
anywhere between $4000 to $15000+...for a SPYDER!  I mention that the 500
is generally not as desirable as the Spyder and he says that is why they
are only asking $3,000.  This is the third Vair I have seen on a car lot
in the area...and all of them have been priced to gouge.  Oh well, I
guess they don't mind selling them...it sure makes their lot stick out!
Not too many cars draw the looks like a good looking Vair!

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
CORSA/Show Me CC
'65 Corsa Vert 140/4

Now includes pop-up blocker!