<VV> Quick steering

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:56:01 EST

<snip>Smitty says: Quick steering arms come in about 5 lengths.  NOS GM ones
are the most mild and some of the after market ones are awful.  Bad tire
scrub in the turns and bad bump steer characteristics.  It's kind of like
be careful what you ask for, you might get it.<unsnip>

Ah ha!  Your comment about different lengths explains why my '66 with a/m
arms is a joy and my '67 is such a PITA.  I always convert my cars, the original
steering ratio is just so doggone slow.  I find the conversion to be one of
the most satisfying little mods that one can do - except on my '67 where the
steering is now so difficult.  Everytime I drive the car I think that either I'm
getting older or the car has a flat tire.  Now I know why.  Does anyone have
any measurement data about the different lengths available?
Thanks, Craig Nicol