<VV> Inherited car

Mike Stillwell yenko117@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:07:13 -0800 (PST)

 It would probably be cheaper to truck it to Maine and
then restore it, than take it to DC/Baltimore Area
dealership. They charge around $60 an hour and up.
Also they will charge real hours, not a book job.
 Any car that has sat without moving for 21 years,
will need a lot or work.
 Full Brake rebuild, Tune-up carb rebuild, Engine
reseal, transmission reseal(possibly), tires, etc.
This work at a dealership, provided they can do it,
would probably be close to 3000 or even more, in my
estimation, based on similar bills I have seen in the
past couple of years.
  The car will run fine on high test fuel (92 octane)
from any gas station, but I strongly reccommend that
you don't try the trip unless a real Corvair shop has
gone over the car first. There are too many vairiable
for failure on a 1000 mile plus trip.

 Mike
 Refugee from MD/DC area

--- Kathryn Billington <kathrynbillington@yahoo.com>