<VV> Inherited car

Kathryn Billington kathrynbillington@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:54:18 -0800 (PST)

I have just inherited my father's 1966 Corvair that he brought brand new and has less than 30k original miles on it.  He parked it in the garage in 1983 and it hasn't moved since, but working fine at that time.  Other than obviously new tires, what kind of repairs do you think I'm looking at to get it running?  I'm in Maine and the car is in Maryland and I'm not into towing, so I'll be driving it back. Also, I remember my Dad always used aviation fuel.  This may be a dumb question, but if I can't find aviation fuel, what type do I use?  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Also, I found a Chevy dealier nearby in MD who has "one Corvair guy" who can check it out for me.  The car is in Crofton, MD if any of you have any suggestions for a better place to take it other than the dealer.

Thanks.
Kathryn