<VV> U can lead a vair to gas but Can't make it drink

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:24:16 -0800 (PST)

  Hey All,
After tightening the cap of the fuel pump and pour gas through a funnel into the inlet it didn't leak. But I'm still not getting gas to the carbs.  I am beginning to think it's an under the pump thingy.  I may be using the wrong wordage so bare with me.  The thing I'm gonna call a push rod (yeah that sounds right to me) went up one time and stayed there when the engine is cranked.  Is that the way this thingy is suppose to work or would it be moving up & down continuously?  I seem to be yet again at a road block.  My fuel lines from the pump to the carbs are clear (remember I broke the old set) and I ran a hose from the inlet to a gas can (8" line with hose attached...clear) and still nothing. Suggestion, comments & mechanics that work for food welcome.

Alesia